I am like a box of chocolates. You never know who you’re gonna get.
Why this blog? I love and need to write. I used to put writing on the back-shelf and wistfully wish I had time to write. Now my kids are grown up and have their own adult lives to live. Hubby is happily indulging his own muse in his large “shop” to work in, and I make the time to write something every day. Some days I’m still so excited about retirement that I can’t settle down enough to get going. I may not post every day, because what I write isn’t always good enough to pass my inner critic. Or – it’s just plain crap.
My writing style? I guess you could call it “casual conversation”. I write how I talk. This made my English teachers cringe. Spell check only helps some of the grammatical abuse my writing is capable of. I am working on this and things have improved. See my older posts in the “Archives” if you don’t believe it.
So… if you’re looking for literary genius, look elsewhere. Unless… Stephen King agrees to write a guest post. OMG! How thrilling would that be? (Pun intended).
If you’re looking for inside information on insanity, diabetes, culture shock, silliness, laughter, or an occasional rant – you are in the right place. So share & follow me, because I’m trying to get around, OK? 😉
Oh yeah, in case you want some personal details:
- Native born Californian and city girl.
- Moved to a little mountain town called Arnold in 2012. I don’t expect you to know where that is, and frankly I’m not too sure myself. We love it here 🙂
- I write fiction and non-fiction (for adults and children). And this blog, you are currently reading. (Thank you, BTW!)
- I’m married to the love of my life. He has a name, but I usually refer to him as “hubby” when he shows up in a post. We celebrate our 30th anniversary in September.
- Hubby doesn’t read my blog. He has no clue what I’m putting out here about him for the world to read. Maybe he believes ignorance is bliss. He is so wrong…
- I have three beautiful granddaughters now, and a handsome grandson. They show up in posts occasionally, because they are wild and crazy like their grandma. It could be the other way around now that I think about it…
- My favorite author has always been Stephen King ♥ it was love at first paragraph ♥. I read and adore a variety of authors, but I LOVE Stephen. Period.
- I am a stubborn and fiercely loyal San Francisco 49er Fan. Each season that goes by I am more disgusted by the owners/managers, who have taken what Jim Harbaugh (rescued) built up and stupidly ruined it. Another season will begin in August with a new head coach – the 5th since they axed Harbaugh – and this year a new general manager. Forgive me if I am no longer optimistic.
- I am a dog lover, who was dog-less for many years. We adopted a female Bernese Mountain Dog puppy who turns four years old in September. You can watch her grow up in the “Puppy Watch” section of this site.
- If you are unfamiliar with her breed Bernese Mountain Dog (BMD) check out this page.
- I don’t do cats. Period.